A bomb blast near a school in eastern Ukraine has killed at least 60 people
International Latest

A bomb blast near a school in eastern Ukraine has killed at least 60 people

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Sunday that a bomb blast at a school in the eastern Lugansk region of the country this weekend had killed at least 60 civilians.

Speaking at the G7 summit via video conference, Zelensky said “60 civilians were killed yesterday in a Russian bombing in the village of Bilogrevka in the Lugansk region.”

“They hid in a school building to escape the shelling,” he said. The bomber struck shortly after noon in front of a Russian military base.

Lugansk Governor Sergei Gaide told Russian-language television station Current Time TV that a Russian airstrike on Saturday had destroyed the school and killed 80 civilians.

“I believe there are still people alive and we will be able to start removing the rubble as soon as the shelling stops,” he said.

Earlier, he said 90 people had been killed during the attack on Gaida on Sunday, and that 27 of them had survived.

Related posts

Gusts of up to 60 km/h are possible in five regions

engmtnews

Six-time PM Wickremesinghe elected Sri Lanka president

engmtnews

Bangladesh to inoculate 12cr doses of vaccine by next January: Maleque

engmtnews

Leave a Comment