Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has announced five new incentive packages worth TK 3,200 crore to help low-income people affected by the ban on coronavirus infection.
The Prime Minister’s Press Secretary said this on Tuesday (July 13).
The packages are:
1. Allocation of Taka 450 crore for day laborers, transport workers, small traders and shipping workers at the rate of Tk.
2. 150 crores has been allocated for conducting special OMS activities in 613 centers for 14 days from July 25 to August 8 to help low-income people in urban areas.
3. A special allocation of Rs. 100 crores have been made in favor of the Deputy Commissioners to provide food assistance in response to the request of the public at No. 333.
4. An additional allocation of Tk 3,200 crore has been made earlier to provide loan assistance (at 4 per cent interest) through Palli Songsthan Bank and PKSF to finance job creation activities in rural areas.
5. One thousand crore rupees has been allocated to provide working capital loan assistance at 4 percent interest through banks for the payment of salaries and allowances of employees for hotels, motels and theme parks in the tourism sector.