Though the government has relaxed the lockdown to control the coronavirus infection but this time the police are going to the hard line. Announcing a “comprehensive lockdown” for a week from July 1, the cabinet secretary said, there would be no movement pass this time.
The ‘Movement Pass’ was introduced by the police in the lockdown that started before the last Eid-ul-Fitr. However, the cabinet secretary said, “No one will be able to leave the house this time without an urgent need like burial or going to the hospital.”
The administration had earlier waived some of the government restrictions on several lockdowns. However, the field level police were trying to enforce the restrictions by introducing movement passes. However, this time the horrible Indian variant of Corona has spread and that opportunity is no more. So, the police will not show relaxation like before.
In a press briefing held in the cabinet room of the secretariat on Monday (June 28), the cabinet secretary said that the government is going to impose strict restrictions across the country from 6 am on July 1 to 12 noon on July 7. No one will be allowed to come out of the house except those working in the emergency service at this time.
He said, the army would be on the ground at this time. He also reiterated that the government is going to have a very ‘strict view’ from July 1-7 to prevent corona infection.
Public transport, shopping malls and markets have been closed since yesterday. The cabinet secretary said, strict restrictions could not be imposed until June 30 due to some practical reasons. For this, strict restrictions will start from July 1.
[…] No ‘movement pass’ in strict lockdown […]