As the country witnessed a sharp rise of COVID-19 cases in the past few weeks, the Cabinet Division issued five- point fresh restrictions to contain the deadly virus.
The restrictions are as follows:
- All schools, colleges and equivalent educational institutions will remain closed from January 21 to February 6.
- The authorities of all universities will take similar measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
- More than 100 people would not be allowed at religious, political, social and state programme. Participants must obtain vaccination certificate/RT-PCR Covid-19 test report not older than 24 hours.
- Officers and employees of government, non-government organizations, industrial establishments and factories must receive vaccination certificate. The authorities of these organizations must bear responsibilities in this regard.
- Everyone must wear facemask at all public places such as at all places of worship as well as mosques, kitchen markets, shopping malls, bus stand, launch ghat and railway stations.
Local administration and law enforcers will be constantly monitoring the situation, according to a notification of the Cabinet Division.