The government of Bangladesh has extended the ban in high-risk areas of Bangladesh for one more month by empowering local people’s representatives and the relevant technical committees to implement the lockdown.
With this, the period of restriction was extended for the tenth time. Restrictions were imposed on the first movement on April 5th.
Conditions of Lockdown:
1. The Deputy Commissioners of high-risk areas will be able to take action to implement lockdown in their respective areas in consultation with the concerned technical committee including local public representatives.
2. All government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices, banks and financial institutions will remain open in compliance with the health rules.
3. All tourist centers, resorts, community centers and recreation centers will be closed.
4. Birthdays, picnics, parties, political and religious ceremonies will be closed.
5. Residential hotels, restaurants, food shops will be able to sell food from 6 am to 10 pm and serve half the number of seats.
6. All types of public transport can carry half the passenger capacity.